Thursday, October 30, 2003

Moving Through the To Do list (by cheating really)

It turns out my readers are in the end a fairly timorous bunch. Only one person confirmed they would like me to publicise a message for "Diego". and even they said it was OK if I didn't.

So Gillian, even though I heartily agreed with your sentiments and thought you expressed them very well I couldn't help feeling that posting the message intact might have looked a little like rubbing Diego's face in it, in light of the fact that he's basically capitulated this morning.

But I'm still going to excerpt this broader sentiment which I think sums up a notion many of us will share:
"if you believe in a true democracy and freedom of speech - don't abuse that right to speak by using it to pretend to be someone you're not in order to further your own interests. Democracy is not about being a liar."