Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Update on Hotline

It is with heavy heart that I must report to my readers what appears to be the entirely unexpected revelation that "Diego Gastor" the smearblogger has some kind of problem with that American-as-apple-pie concept "Free speech".

Believe it or not, it looks as though the comment I left for Diego at the riverbendblogS site has been removed! Nor do I see any other messages from any Riverbend supporters presenting their viewpoints. (NB I did put in a couple of new comments this morning, which I expect will remain there only until Mr Gastor gets himself out of bed. But the one I put there last night is certainly gone)

Of course I'm being sarcastic, it's not really remotely surprising that Mr Gastor once again shows himself to be a seething tempest of unAmericanism. He has tried to distort the free speech rights of Riverbend and he has sought to stifle the free speech of people complaining about it. He is just acting according to type.

It seems Mr Gastor's apparent support for the cause of Americanism and liberty in Iraq is just a load of old hogwash. Mr Gastor will try, as we've seen all sorts of underhand means to stop people using freedom in a manner of which he disapproves.

Who knows - maybe the reason Mr Gastor has such a problem with Saddam Hussein is just envy that the Iraqi strong man was able to put into practice on a large scale what Mr Gastor can only put into practice in miniature?